Dr. R. M. Buffum
A Pet Medical Center staff veterinarian since 1979, Dr. Buffum primarily sees patients at Pet Medical Center – West Hills and also at Pet Medical Center – Sunland. Dr. Buffum’s colleagues call him friendly, approachable, constantly thinking, intelligent, caring, and a good mentor.
Veterinary School: Colorado State University, 1972
Base Veterinarian at Clark Air Force Base in the Philippines, 1972–1975
- American Animal Hospital Association
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Veterinary Emergency and Critical Care Society
- California Veterinary Medical Association
- Southern California Veterinary Medical Association
- Emergency medicine
I am on the Board of Directors of Living Free Animal Sanctuary. I have provided spay and neuter service to Ventura County Animal Control since 2000 (over 20,000 procedures performed). I have a donkey named Maggie, who was awarded first prize at the county fair as the #1 donkey in Los Angeles County.
Return to staff index